We have property covered.
Established in Sydney in 1988, Preston Rowe Paterson is a firm of property valuers, analysts, advisers and consultants who operate out of 23 offices across metropolitan and regional Australia and 5 offices in New Zealand. Preston Rowe Paterson recently formed relationship agreements in China, via China Appraisal, and Japan via Daiwa Reality Appraisal.
To us ‘property’ means all forms of real estate and infrastructure as well as plant, machinery and equipment. We aim to provide superior property advisory services specialising in valuation, property and asset management, facilities management, transaction management, consulting and property market & economic research.
Our fundamental business and service principles are knowledge, experience, professionalism and innovation, which we demonstrate in our day to day operations. At Preston Rowe Paterson, we employ educated, professional and confident professionals who are committed to delivering Preston Rowe Paterson services in an honest and genuine manner. We utilise our in-house developed, client connectivity system ‘PRPOnline’. ‘PRP online’ is a state of the art, web services based system, that has significantly enhanced connectivity between our clients and our service offerings.
In addition, we recently adopted Yardi Voyager as the primary platform of our asset, property and facilities management division.
Whether in the context of:
• The types of clients we represent,
• The property classifications we deal with,
• The locations we cover; or
• The reasons clients use us:-
We have property covered.
We have our clients covered.
We act for an array of clients with different property needs including:-
- Accountants, auditors, insolvency practitioners;
- Banks, finance companies & lending institutions;
- Commercial & residential non-bank lenders;
- Finance & mortgage brokers;
- Hotel owners & operators;
- Institutional investors;
- Insurance brokers & companies;
- Investment advisors;
- Lessors & lessees;
- Listed and private companies & corporations;
- Listed and unlisted property trusts;
- Local, state & federal government departments & agencies;
- NRAS Managers;
- Mining companies;
- Mortgage trusts;
- Overseas clients;
- Private investors;
- Property syndication managers;
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS);
- Rural landholders;
- Solicitors and barristers;
- Sovereign wealth funds;
- Superannuation funds;
- Trustee & custodial companies.
Types of real estate
We have all real estate types covered.
We provide valuation, advisory, research, acquisition due diligence management, asset and property management services for all types of real estate including;
- Metropolitan & CBD commercial office buildings;
- Retail shopping centres & shops;
- Industrial, office/warehouses & factories;
- Business parks;
- Hotels (accommodation) & resorts;
- Hotels (pubs), motels & caravan parks;
- Residential developments projects;
- Residential dwellings (houses/apartments/units);
- Rural properties;
- Social housing and NRAS;
- Special purpose properties;
- Extractive industries & resource based enterprises;
- Infrastructure including airports and port facilities.
Asset, plant & machinery valuation
We have asset, plant and machinery covered.
Our asset, plant and machinery valuation, appraisal and advisory division undertake valuation of all forms of plant, machinery, furniture fittings and equipment including:
- Mining & earth moving equipment/road plant;
- Resort & accommodation, hotel furniture, fittings & equipment;
- Office fit outs & equipment;
- Farming equipment;
- Transport equipment;
- Industrial/factory equipment;
- Licensed club furniture, fittings & equipment.
Our service area
We have all locations covered.
From our capital city and regional office locations we serve our client’s needs throughout Australia.
We also operate throughout New Zealand www.prpnz.nz
Globally, we operate directly or via our relationship offices for special purpose real estate asset classes, infrastructure and plant & machinery.
Reasons for our services
We have your needs covered.
Our clients seek our property (real estate, infrastructure, plant and machinery) services for a multitude of reasons including:
- Acquisitions & disposals;
- Alternative use & highest and best use analysis;
- Asset management;
- Asset valuations for financial reporting to meet New Zealand Accounting Standards Board (NZASB), IFRS & IVSC guidelines;
- Compulsory acquisition & resumption;
- Corporate merger & acquisition real estate due diligence;
- Due diligence management for acquisitions and sales;
- Estate transfers
- Facilities management;
- Family Law settlements
- Feasibility studies;
- Funds management advice & portfolio analysis;
- Income and outgoings projections and analysis;
- Insurance valuations (replacement and reinstatement costs);
- Leasing vacant space within managed properties;
- Listed property trust & investment fund valuations & revaluations;
- Litigation support;
- Marketing & development strategies;
- Mortgage valuations;
- Property syndicate valuations and re-valuations;
- Rating and taxing objections;
- Receivership, insolvency and liquidation valuations and support/advice;
- Relocation advice, strategies and consultancy;
- Rental assessments and determinations;
- Sensitivity analysis;
- Strategic property planning;
- Tax Depreciation Schedules.
Our Reconciliation Action Plan
As a business, we are proud to have implemented our Reconciliation Action Plan, which is a statement of our commitment to achieve our reconciliation objectives. We specialise in working with all forms of property and infrastructure and through this work, we have developed objectives to provide for meaningful internal change in all the areas that we influence, which in turn will contribute to achieving the objectives of our action plan.
For nearly 30 years, Preston Rowe Paterson has provided professional services in the property industry, equating to great outcomes for our clients, cities and communities. We acknowledge the important contribution that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people make in creating a strong and vibrant Australian society and recognise the critical importance of all issues, but especially those in our industry relating to land and property, which is where we believe our expertise can support and improve outcomes.
Our vision is a strong commitment to reconciliation and engagement through objectives that create respectful and collaborative partnerships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, organisations, businesses and communities, and their values, traditions, customs and beliefs. The culture of our organisation encompasses diversity in everything we do and the continued support of our businesses, teams and people, will ensure we achieve these objectives and make a noticeable difference.
Preston Rowe Paterson respect Elders past and present, acknowledging that the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are the traditional custodians of all land, we as a group, recognise the social, cultural and economic importance of all land on which we do business.
To view our Reconciliation Action Plan, please click here
PRP are Associate Members New South Wales Indigenous Chamber of Commerce
PRP New Zealand
We have New Zealand covered.
In early 2015 a number of independent and market leading New Zealand valuation practices joined forces under the Preston Rowe Paterson brand creating an excellent network of coverage across the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
Please visit our dedicated New Zealand Web Page for more details http://www.prpnz.nz/locations/
PRP's Global Partners & Associations
Preston Rowe Paterson have an exclusive strategic partnership agreement with China Appraisal Association. CAA is a strategic consulting union initiated and established by excellent real estate appraisal and consulting companies in mainland China.
CAA have offices in most major cities including: Shanghai, Beijing, Guandong, Shenzhen, Zhengzhou, Xiamen, Chengdu, Chongqing, Nanjing, Nanchanh, Wuhan.
Preston Rowe Paterson have an exclusive strategic partnership agreement with Daiwa Real Estate Appraisal Corporation of Japan. Daiwa are one of Japan’s largest and most diverse consulting practices. They have office in locations across Japan including: Tokyo, Osaka, Nagayo, Kyoto, Kyushu, Nara, Kitakyushu, Tohoku & Kesennuma.
The UN Global Compact, Believes it is possible to create a sustainable and inclusive global economy that delivers lasting benefits to people, communities and markets.
Preston Rowe Paterson are proudly members of the IPMS Coalition.The International Property Measurement Standards Coalition (IPMSC) is a group of 70 professional and not-for-profit organisations from around the world, working together to develop and implement international standards for measuring property
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) is a global professional body that accredits professionals within the land, property and construction sectors worldwide. Preston Rowe Paterson is pleased to be a RICS regulated firm.
The Australian Property Institute represents the interests of more than 8,600 property professionals throughout Australia.
Preston Rowe Paterson is a corporate signatory of the Women’s Empowerment Principles, a joint initiative of UN Global Compact and UN Women. We express support for advancing equality between women and men to;
- Bring the broadest pool of talent to our endeavours
- Further our companies competitiveness
- Meet our corporate responsibility and sustainability commitments
- Model behaviour within our companies that reflects the society we would like for our employees, fellow citizens and families
- Encourage economic and social conditions that provide opportunities for women, men, girls and boys
- Foster sustainable development in the countries in which we operate
Board & Management
Governance of the Preston Rowe Paterson nationally is overseen by our highly experienced and qualified Board of Directors.
The Preston Rowe Paterson Board comprises:
- Greg Sugars OAM (also Chief Executive Officer of the organisation).
- Gregory Preston (Current Board Chairman)
- Neal Ellis
- Damian Kininmonth
- Greg Rowe